Getting Started: About This Site
This site is meant to provide information and resources for electronic mail, as well as pointing to other information and resources.
I try to include materials suitable for the end user, hobbyist, webmaster, administrator, etc.
I can't possibly, however, answer all questions individually, nor can I know about the ins and outs of every particular e-mail program.
Thus, if you are looking for specific answers and don't find them here, I suggest the following sources:
- eMailman nntp/web forums or NewsReaders nntp/web forums
- Contents of this site: doublecheck you haven't missed the information
most end users will want the client section
- look for the official web site for the program you use, or for links to other help resources
- If you are unhappy with the program you use, look for either another program in the same category as the one you use, or for a utility that might supplement what you use
- Newsgroups or mailing lists about the program you use.
- Newsgroups are discussion groups -- see NewsReaders.com to learn more about how to use newsgroups
- There are many newsgroups for specific e-mail clients or platforms. If you don't see an appropriate one, try comp.mail.misc, but be sure to mention specific details such as which program and operating system you use, etc.
- Ask your computer department
- Ask someone who lives near you -- it is much more effective to have someone in front of your computer.
- Ask your ISP -- especially if the problem seems to be related to them.
Copyright © eMailman, LLC 1998-2009. Emailman ® is a registered mark of eMailman, LLC. The eMailman character, NewsReaders.com character, "NewsReaders.com", "Emailman always delivers", "electronic superhero", "eMailOrder", the backwards "@" sign, "@ backwards", "turning your e-mail around" and "Read. Discuss. View. Think." are trademarks of eMailman, LLC. All other marks belong to their respective owners.