Mailing List Admin Resources
Administrator/Moderator Resources: (also see the various mailing list software pages from the main contents)
- Archive Services and software
- DMod by Netwin is for those moderating a mailing list and/or newsgroup, checking the appropriate mailbox at specified intervals and letting you take various actions with regard to the messages.
- Stump moderation utility. Optional WebStump graphical interface. Can also handle newsgroups.
- Subscription/unsubscription tools: (to make it easier for your subscribers to sub/unsub/set-options)
- lwgate by David W. Baker for Listserv, Listproc, Majordomo, and SmartList.
- Mailserv by Patrick Fitzgerald works with many different list types. If yours is not supported, you can add a module for it. (modules I've made)
- Other Information
- Managing Mailing Lists by Alan Schwartz and Paula Ferguson (Editors), from O'Reilly and Associates, focuses on Unix and particularly Listserv, Majordomo, ListProc, and SmartList. Paperback, published March 1998
- Newsgroup: comp.mail.list-admin.software
- FreshAddress.com "Looking to build, correct and update your email list? FreshAddress, Inc. offers Email Address Validation, Email Appending, Email List Hygiene and Correction, and Email Change of Address (ECOA) services to help you grow your email database, bounce-proof your list, and keep it fresh and up-to-date."
- MailBounce for Windows, Unix/Linux, and Mac OS (OS, OS X, OS X Server). "is the intelligent way to process bounces from Internet mailing lists. MailBounce is currently being used by list owners around the world, on lists ranging from 20 subscribers to more than ten million subscribers. It has successfully processed real-world bounce files in excess of 40 gigabytes, containing nearly two million unique bounce addresses. MailBounce recognizes more than 99% of all bounces in typical bounce files."
- SmartBounce Hosted Edition. SmartBounce can handle your bounces on an outsourced basis.
Copyright © eMailman, LLC 1998-2009. Emailman ® is a registered mark of eMailman, LLC. The eMailman character, NewsReaders.com character, "NewsReaders.com", "Emailman always delivers", "electronic superhero", "eMailOrder", the backwards "@" sign, "@ backwards", "turning your e-mail around" and "Read. Discuss. View. Think." are trademarks of eMailman, LLC. All other marks belong to their respective owners.